Match the SketchUp coordinate system with the lines of perspective implied in the photo, by using the colorful match photo controls.
- [Instructor] When you first launch SketchUp,…you'll see a human figure,…which comes in as part of the default template.…I'm often in the habit of deleting the human figure…when I begin working,…but in this case, let's leave the human figure there,…and I think we'll find it useful…for giving us a sense of scale…during the photo matching process.…To begin this process,…go up to the window menu and choose match photo.…This opens up a dialog box interface…that we will doc over here in the upper right corner…of the screen.…Click plus,…and then select photo one, and open.…
Immediately, we see a lot of colorful controls,…as well as a grid,…and it can be a bit bewildering at first,…but I'll talk you through these different elements…and make sense of them.…So the first thing we're looking at is the grid,…and you can turn that off if you click on auto,…but I'll go ahead and leave it on.…There are different styles you can use for the grid.…This first style is useful in an interior space.…The second style is useful in an exterior,…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Appropriate for all
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.