First, orbit into the approximate photo position, and then match the photo using the standard axis handle interface.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at photos…four and five.…Here's four and here's five.…These are both on the back side of the house.…Photo four, in particular, is kind of a…oblique view from this corner.…So let's try to match that perspective…here in the view port.…It's something like this.…And now I'll go ahead and click Plus…in the Match Photo dialogue box,…and select Photo Four.…
Now the red handles need to be adjusted…so they run along the side of the building.…And I'll just roughly position them at first.…And then the green handles have to go…along the back of the building.…And of course the origin point can also be moved.…So we're getting something that's close…to what we're looking at in the photo.…
We just need to zoom in and make some…more subtle adjustments.…And just make sure that these handles…are in reasonable locations.…And it's better if you move them further apart…because you have more separation,…and that leads to more accuracy.…Okay, and then down here.…
So the perspective is about right,…but the scale is off, and the position is off.…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.