Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Map textures interactively, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- When you use bitmaps in materials,…many times it is easier to place the bitmaps…interactively on your model.…This will allow you to control not only the placement,…but the scale of the texture.…So let's go ahead and put some textures…on this simple box.…Instead of using the materials editor…to create our materials,…I'm going to create them by…just importing a bitmap.…We can do this under File, Import.…
Now this is where we can import models,…or really just about anything,…but one of the things we can import is images.…So if we go to All Supported Image Types,…you should see in the Chap09 folder we have all of these.…Now I'm going to select KnottyPine.jpg…and them I'm going to check "Texture".…Now notice we have "Image", "Texture", and "Matched Photo".…We're going to bring this in as a texture…and that will create a material for that image.…
So when I select "Import", notice how my bitmap comes in.…I can place it just about…anywhere on my model.…And also notice how the cursor has changed…to the material paint bucket.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.