Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Manipulate faces and edges, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- Now that we understand how to manipulate objects,…let's go ahead and dig a little bit deeper…and manipulate just parts of objects…so that we can reshape them.…Now, when we manipulate parts of objects…we're actually controlling what are called the edges…and the faces that comprise those objects.…So, here we have a house.…And all of these lines here, such as this one…or this one, are edges.…And edges define faces.…
So, here is a face. Here is a face.…And here is a face.…Now, we can select edges or faces…or any combination of them,…and then we can manipulate them.…So, for example, if I were to go to the top of this house…and select the peak of the roof,…I could go into my Move tool…and snap to that blue axis…and move the roof up or down.…So, I can make it a higher peak or a higher angle…or a lower angle.…
And I can do the same here.…So, I could, again, just go into my Move tool.…Now, another way to manipulate objects is to…hold down the up arrow…to constrain it to the blue axis.…And the left and right arrow constrain it…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.