Join Scott Onstott for an in-depth discussion in this video Making a desk and two kinds of seating, part of Designing a Tiny House with SketchUp.
- [Voiceover] In this video,…we're going to build a desk and a…couple of different seating options.…There's going to be a cushion seat…along the front edge, that you can…sit at when the fold-down table…is in use.…And there'll also be a task chair…that's used in the office.…Let's select the floor surface…and the bed and hide them.…And now we can see the CAD layer…on the ground.…Let's make a new layer called Desk,…and make it current.…Press r for the rectangle tool.…And let's draw a rectangle from the…corner over there, and you're going to…have to orbit around so that…you can see where this ends.…
It's right there.…So that's the actual desk surface itself.…Let's draw another rectangle…from this point over,…to this point here.…This is going to be the portion of the desk…that slopes down to the floor.…You'll see what I mean in a minute.…Let's Shift select these two surfaces.…Press g to make a group.…Let's move them up in the blue direction,…so pres the up arrow and hold down…the Shift key and type in 18 Enter.…That moves it up on top of the floor.…
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.