Join Scott Onstott for an in-depth discussion in this video Making a counter and sink, part of Designing a Tiny House with SketchUp.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this video we're going to build…the kitchen counter and the sink.…So let's make a new layer…called Counter Sink.…Set that current, and come in here…and zoom in closer to the kitchen,…press R for rectangle and draw…a rectangle from this corner…over to this corner.…Hold that up, two inches,…triple-click and then press G to group it,…and let's move that up from the lower edge,…move it up in the blue direction,…hold shift to constrain that, and then…click on the top of the cabinet.…
So the top surface now should be at 36 inches,…which is a standard.…Let's go ahead and double-click on that,…and press N to hide the rest of the model.…I'd like to round out this edge here,…so the way that you can do that,…is press A for Arc and start drawing…an arc about here and go over to…the other side and click,…and then click one more time,…and the arc will be drawn tangent to both edges.…Now it didn't take, try it again.…Click, click, and I have to click up here,…and make sure that the arc looks magenta.…
And there we have it.…And I'll press P, and pull this edge back.…
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2015 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 54m Appropriate for all
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.