Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Location and site plan views, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut (2015).
- We're now into chapter five,…and in chapter five we are gonna be creating…the views that we are going to be using inside of Layout.…The views are generated from this SketchUp model,…and then they are referenced back to these sheets…inside of Layout.…So we've got some 3D views, we've got some site plan…and location plan views.…We've also got on the next sheet…some floor plans and elevations,…these are at one to a hundred, these are at one to 50.…We've got some more, different types of floor plans,…and different styled elevations,…and then we've got some sections and some details.…
Now we'll be building on the details in the next series,…but we will be concentrating on that at length.…So if we just come back to our cover sheet,…we're gonna put on this, our series of 3D layouts…and the location plan which is based on a different file,…and then the site plan, which is based on our house model.…So in SketchUp, we've got this one.…This is our location plan.…We don't really need to create any scenes for this,…because it's just a simple top view,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.