Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading the templates, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So we're now in Chapter 7-06, Templates,…and just before we start adding content,…I just wanna go through with the process…of loading up these templates.…Now, if you have access to the premium content,…then you'll find in CH08 a folder called Templates,…and I've created four templates.…Two A-sized, so I've got an A1 and an A3…and two Arch-sized, so ArchB and ArchD.…That's all the corresponding…imperial sizes to these A sheets.…So if you prefer to use this size or this size…then it's entirely up to you.…
Also what is up to you is where you save them.…What you have to do is copy these…and then paste them either into this path,…so the ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp2015\LayOut\Templates…or the local path which is your Users, then your name,…and the AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\…SketchUp2015\LayOut\Templates.…Alternatively, you can create your own path.…Now I've created a path on my Desktop.…
If you wanted to create a path on your shared server,…then you could do that and copy the files into that.…And depending on where you've copied them,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.