Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading the materials, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- In Chapter 6-05, we are looking at loading…the materials known as different methods…depending on whether you have access to the Windows…version or the Mac version.…I'll start off with the Windows version.…I'm not going to the Mac version.…Have a look at the video that explains about…the Mac material editor,…and the solutions are in there,…I'll just explain again how we can get access…to the project materials that I have…created for you.…This is only available to those of you…who have access to the project files.…
So if you are using Windows,…then there's a couple of ways in which you can do it.…You can either kind of embed them into…the default location of the SketchUp materials…and for those of you on 2015,…you'll find that in the Program Files,…and then SketchUp, SketchUp 2015,…and then Materials, and just copy the Project Materials…from Chapter 6 into here.…You will then have to restart SketchUp,…and the materials will then appear,…and the Material drop down list.…
Okay, so as Project Materials.…The other way in the Windows version…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 24m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.