Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading the components, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So we're now in Chapter Four and Chapter Four is all about making this window. I've made a lot of the profiles that will construct the window and so if you are a premium content subscriber you get access to these. Otherwise, there are many window profiles online which you could use, or you could just make something fairly simplistic. But the principle is the same, it doesn't matter how complicated the sections are, the principles of this are exactly the same.
The window that we are making isn't going to be particularly complex. There's no complicated opening mechanism, there's no handles or anything else, it's just going to be an idea of the methodology that you would use, again to create something like this. First up, we need to load the components. As I've said, if you are a premium subscriber, if you go to Chapter Four in the exercise files you'll see a folder called Window Components. If you load that, then you'll be ready to go.
The process for loading it is to click on the Details button and Open or Create Local Collection. This will then take you to your file browser and wherever those exercise file are then just hunt for Chapter Four and Window Components and you'll be ready to go.
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 24m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.