Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading the SketchUp model into LayOut, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So we're in Chapter 7.0.4.…There's no accompanying exercise file for this one.…We're going to create our own A3 blank sheet from LayOut.…So I'm in LayOut, and unless you've configured it…any differently from watching the other series,…then you'll get this getting started window up here.…Now this has some graph paper and plain paper set up in it,…and you can also just jump to the individual sections…of graph paper there or plain paper,…and they just limit what you can see.…
There's also a storyboard section.…And then, you've got the title block section as well.…So all of these different options for you to load up…if you wanted to.…Now I'm just going to use a plain paper, A3,…and I'll click Open.…This gives us just a blank sheet to play with, nothing else.…It's called untitled page one so we'll save this file.…Save as.…I'll call it Chapter 7.0.4 SketchUp details…and then save.…
Then we get the file name up there.…So what we've currently got is just an A3 blank sheet.…Now one thing to point out and it's absolutely crucial…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 24m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.