Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Lines and arcs, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut (2015).
- So chapter 12-06, we are now looking at…the line tool and the arc tool.…I am going to rush through these…because there's another video series coming up…which will concentrating on detailing,…and I'll be covering these things a lot more in that,…using them for creating lots of fills.…We'll also be creating our own fill patterns…and lots of other bits and pieces as well.…So we'll just whip through these.…But this line tool does have quite a lot to offer.…But I'll point out a couple of things that…you might not initially be aware of,…especially if you have never used it before.…
So I'm just creating some basic line shapes.…So just segments.…And it will track along the axes,…you get all sorts of other perpendicular tracks…and axes tracks as well.…So it'll pick up another point…if I aim over that and track along,…it will pick up that point for me as well.…Okay, so that's quite useful.…If I wanted to do curves whilst I'm…in the middle of creating this shape,…then press and drag your mouse.…And you can carry on creating…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.