Starting with a blank file, practice drawing basic shapes using the Line tool with a focus on utilizing the axis as well as the click-and-release practice, as opposed to click-and-drag.
- [Instructor] The line tool is a great way…to create geometry in SketchUp.…To activate the line tool click on the pencil icon here…or the keyboard shortcut letter l.…To create a line we simply can click and release…to chose a starting point,…and click and release to chose an ending point.…If we'd like to let go of it we can hit escape.…Sometimes we'll need to create a measured line.…So I'm going to click and release…to chose the starting point of that…and now if I look in the measurements box…in the lower right hand corner I can see…that as I move my cursor the length will adjust with it.…
So instead of trying to eyeball that length…I can simply type the dimensions that I'd like.…So I'm going to type 10 feet Enter,…and now if have a 10 foot line.…If I accidentally typed the wrong dimension…and I'd like to type the correct one…I can override that by typing the new dimension.…So I'll type eight feet Enter,…and you can see that it shrunk two feet.…Sometimes it is helpful to draw our lines aligned…with the axis.…So I'm going to go ahead and start a new line here,…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Customizing toolbars
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Modeling from a floor plan image
- Resizing and rotating objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and exporting your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
What you should know1m 16s
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Modeling from a Floor Plan Image
7. Document and Stylize
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.