Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video LayOut sheets preview, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details (2015).
- So we're in chapter 703.…I'm just going to have a little preview…as to what we're going to create in the next few videos.…This is the cover sheet, and we've got some text here.…We've got the SketchUp model,…this is the modified C11.…Now if you're not sure about layout,…have a look at the previous series.…That covers layout and a great deal of depth…and it'll explain a huge amount about how to set it up.…I will be going through some of the reminders,…some of the key bits to be aware of.…But most of the basic laying out elements,…the linking from SketchUp to layout are covered in that,…so I won't necessarily cover that again in this one.…
But we have got other elements.…This is a vectorized image…that was part of the SketchUp model,…and just have the vector lines there,…and through modified the line color and the thickness…so the color, we look at how we can create that.…There's a little bit of an overlay at this point,…so let's move that out of the way just to…take that bit out.…Otherwise, I'd have to chop these lines down using…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.