Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video LayOut preferences, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So we're in chapter 06-03…and we're looking at Layout preferences here.…As we saw in the previous video,…to get access to layout preferences,…it's the Edit menu on a Windows machine…and it's Layout on a Mac,…and then down to Preferences,…or the keyboard shortcut for the Mac,…which is command and comma.…This is where we get to look…at the various options that we've got.…Now Application's similar to SketchUp,…gives you the option to set a Default Image Editor…and a Default Text Editor,…your backup options, whether you decide…to backup or not, and if you do,…how long you've got between auto saves.…
This is the interesting bit on this one.…This is where you have the default locations.…Now on a Mac it is slightly different,…but basically there's two places…where it'll look for template files.…You can also create extra locations…for the software to seek out templates…that you've created.…So you could have access to a central server.…You just click the plus sign,…browse for the path,…and then add that.…So every time you load up the software,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.