Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video The LayOut interface, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So we're now in Chapter Six.…Chapter Six is all about…preparing LayOut for our future tasks.…I'm going to explain in this video about the interface…and then we'll start looking at some customization…and file location options.…So when you launch LayOut for the first time,…now I'm using the 2015 version.…But you can go all the way back to LayOut 1…which was launched in about 2007,…I think, with SketchUp 6.…We get this option, this is the Getting Started window.…
Now you've got a New tab and a Recent tab.…So you won't have anything on the Recent tab, probably,…but that's the stuff that I've been working on.…You've got the option to open an existing file…you've got cancel option,…you can adjust the size of this by dragging this out,…you've got a slider which will take us up and down…all the pre-configured sheets that we've got,…either with a grid or plain paper,…or pre-designed title blocks for us.…We'll be doing our own in a bit.…If you want to shortcut those,…then you can click on the Paper or the Title Block…and just jump down to each of these.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.