Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Large file sizes and how to deal with them, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So we're in chapter 06-07, and this is a…kind of step forward in time.…It's taken me til right to the very end…to work out how these file sizes get so big.…As you can see, we've got a 51 meg file size.…I'm gonna try and get this down to about 16 to 17 meg.…I know it's possible cuz I've done it on the others.…And it's taken some serious head-stratching to work out…why it makes such large file sizes.…
But there is probably method in the madness for it.…Also, when we open it up, you'll see that…there's some conflict with certain aspects of the file.…Now most of these, I think all of them, have been resolved.…But, as you watch the videos, going into…chapter eight, nine and 10, I think you'll see…the conflicts in the video, and you'll hear me saying…"I'm not quite sure how to resolve this,…"and I will try to resolve it."…And finally, in the final throes of this video series,…I have managed to solve it.…
Cuz I didn't really want to…produce file sizes of this size,…knowing that the file itself,…the house and all the geometry, was only 21 meg.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.