Another form of documentation is to label parts of the model. This video demonstrates how to add labels.
- [Narrator] Adding labels to your model is easy…using the text tool…it is found on the top tool bar…it's this icon here that says A1 text tool.…Now I can see that the text tool is activated…because my cursor is looking for something to label.…So in this case I think I'd like to label the roof…and when I hover over the roof…it says on edge in roof beds…and that's an indicator that this already named…and I can rename that if I'd like in the entity info…but for now I'll go ahead and click and release on it…and move my cursor upwards and to the right…or the left…but in this case I'll move it this way.…
Once I'm happy with the length and the angle…of the leader line I can click and release.…And again it's already named…but if I'd like to override that…I can simply start typing.…I'm just going to call this roof South.…Once I'm happy with it I can click off of it…to set it in place.…Again if I'd like to label this one…I can see that it's already named roof underscore main…I'm going to click and release on the edge…click release again…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Customizing toolbars
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Modeling from a floor plan image
- Resizing and rotating objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and exporting your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
What you should know1m 16s
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Modeling from a Floor Plan Image
7. Document and Stylize
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.