Start drawing, designing, and rendering your ideas with SketchUp, the 3D modeling toolkit used for everything from engineering to game design.
- [Voiceover] Hi, this is George Maestri and welcome to SketchUp 2013 Essential Training. In this course, we're gonna take a look at SketchUp and the basic SketchUp interface that you find in SketchUp Make. Now we're not gonna cover the SketchUp Pro features, we're gonna save that for another course. But in this course, we're gonna learn the basic interface of SketchUp. We're also gonna learn how to draw and manipulate objects within SketchUp. Then we're gonna move on to measuring and labeling, as well as organizing scenes.
After that, we're gonna take a look at components and also how to work with textures and materials. And then we're gonna wrap up the course with rendering and animation. So let's get started and I hope you enjoy SketchUp 2013 Essential Training.
All of the lessons work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Creating camera views
- Shading faces and edges
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Creating circles, polygons, and arcs
- Making 3D text
- Labeling a drawing
- Working with 3D components
- Applying materials and mapping textures
- Rendering and animating your work
Skill Level Beginner
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulating Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measuring and Labeling
5. Organizing Scenes
6. Working with Components
7. Creating Textures and Materials
8. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.