By using cut, copy, and paste in place, strategically cut away the volume of the building extending above the roof.
- [Instructor] In this video,…we'll use cut, copy and paste in place tools…to help us…create a tool that we can use to slice away…the volume of the building that extends above the roof.…So let's get started.…Zoom in on the barge board here,…double click on it to open that group,…and select the top surface.…Choose Edit, Copy.…That copies that surface to the clipboard.…Click outside the group to close it.…
Then choose Edit, Paste in Place.…This is different then regular Paste.…When you paste in place,…the object goes in exactly the same place…that it was before.…If you choose Paste,…the object is attached to your cursor,…and you have to click somewhere…to place it in the scene.…I'll press S for Scale,…and click on the grip on the right,…and scale that object…all the way through to the other side.…It doesn't really matter how far it overshoots,…because we're using this as a tool right now…to create this plane that we're going to intersect…with the building.…
But right now this surface…is in a separate modeling context.…Remember the building is in its own group.…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.