Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Interface basics for Windows, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Let's get started…by opening SketchUp for the first time.…Now I'm using SketchUp on Windows,…so my interface might be slightly different…than those people on OS X, on the Macintosh.…Now I'm going to go ahead and load SketchUp…from the desktop.…You may have to load it through a menu…or some other means.…But regardless of how you open it,…you'll be presented with a menu upon starting.…This tells you exactly what version of SketchUp you're using…and it also may ask you to select a template.…
Now templates are really just different ways…of looking at your scenes in SketchUp.…They may have different colors.…They also may have different measurement systems.…So if you want to measure in metric,…you might choose meters.…I'm going to use imperial measurement,…so I'm going to select feet and inches,…and then I'm going to go ahead…and start using SketchUp.…Now when we open this window you'll see…that we have a nice, expansive view port here…in which to work.…
This view port is surrounded by…a number of different menus.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.