This video helps new users understand the SketchUp 2017 interface for Apple’s Mac OS X operating system. Learn the location of key menus and familiarize yourself with the general layout and organization of the software. New users will get up to speed on the software and understand some of the differences with Windows versions.
- [Instructor] Now let's take a look…at Sketch-Up for the Mac.…Now, the OSX interface for Sketch-Up…is a little bit different than it…is for Windows.…Probably one of the biggest differences…is that the Mac version does not have…the tray along the right-hand side…of the interface.…That functionality is located in…the Window menu.…So, if you were to look at this menu,…you would see all the functionality…that you would normally find in…the tray on Windows.…So if you wanted to get into components,…you'd just select it here and it will…float that window, and you can again…access that functionality.…
So, on OSX it's floating windows…rather than the tray, but the menus…are all in the same place, so we have…a file menu, we have an edit menu,…which allows you to cut, copy, and paste.…We have a view menu, which changes your…view and how you see the scene.…We also have a draw menu that allows…you to draw any sort of object,…and then we have a camera menu as well…as tools, window, and help.…
Now one of the other differences…between OSX and Windows is the hotkeys.…
Note: The core features of SketchUp Make, the free version of SketchUp covered in this course, and SketchUp Pro, the paid version of the program, are identical. Users of both versions should be able to follow along with the training.
- Creating new camera views
- Configuring custom toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Creating 3D text in SketchUp
- Measuring and labeling objects
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials on Mac and Windows
- Animating and rendering your drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Draw in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Materials and Textures: Windows
8. Materials and Textures: Mac
9. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.