- So let's start working on the interior.…To facilitate this let's add a section plane…so we can see inside.…Go to the Tools menu and choose Section Plane.…Now when you move the cursor around you'll see…that the section plane automatically reorients itself…depending on the surface that you're over.…I'd like to cut the building in this direction…so I'm going to click right here.…The section plane is generated,…and now we need to select it by clicking on it.…Press M for move, and move it over in the red direction.…
Let's move it over somewhere in the middle…of the door opening, about here. Click again.…Now let's go up to the Window menu and choose Styles.…Edit the style,…and go to this last button for the modeling page.…Let's turn off the display of the section plane itself.…Note that you can also toggle the display…of the section cut, like this.…Up here let's change the color where the section plane…is actually cutting through the geometry.…Right now it's black.…
Let's change that to bright red.…And also change the cut width from three to one,…
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.