Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Inferencing and X-ray, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] So in Ch_03_03,…we're going to look at inferencing and the X-Ray option.…X-ray you might already have loaded.…If you hit the X key on your keyboard,…then if everything sort of goes translucent,…then X-Ray is already set up.…If it's not, then I'll show you how to do it in a minute.…But inferencing is massively powerful.…I've just got some basic shapes here,…in the Chapter 03_03 exercise file.…Inferencing, or using other objects to infer positions from,…is a very important skill to master.…
Put simply, if I choose this circle tool,…then the circle will just map to various surfaces,…even the facets around this cylinder.…Okay, so that in itself is a massive, massive bonus.…Other things that you can do are to move objects.…So I'll select this object…and I'll just click on the endpoint and I'll move it…and maybe I'll track along this red axis.…If I hold my finger on the shift key,…that locks it on that red axis,…so then my mouse is free to roam…and I can snap to other points in the drawing.…
Okay so that's, again, really, really useful to do.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.