Using a variety of techniques, learn how to hide unwanted edges and draw in missing edges with the Pencil tool.
- [Josh] In this video, I'll show you how you can hide…unwanted edges as well create edges that are missing.…So for example, we have some edges…up here that I'd like to hide.…These edges belong to the wall object here.…I'll double-click on this to open it,…and then I'll choose View,…Component Edit, Hide Rest of Model.…Incidentally the shortcut for this command is the letter N…so I can press N to either show…the rest of the model or hide it at any time,…whenever I'm inside an open group or component.…
Now I'd like to make a selection…of edges along the top and the quickest way…to do that is simply to double-click…on the surface there, this selects…not only the surface but all of it's bounding edges,…then I'll orbit, hold down the Shift key,…and double-click on this surface,…and then I'll choose Edit, Hide.…The shortcut for Hide is the letter H.…I'll click outside this group to close it,…and then let's proceed to hide these edges.…
These are part of this object,…so I'll double-click on this to open it,…then double-click on this surface,…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.