Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Group objects, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- It's always a good idea to stay organized…and the same goes for SketchUp.…Now SketchUp has a number of tools that help you…stay organized.…One of them is called grouping.…Now all grouping does is take a collection of objects…and stick them into a group so they can be manipulated…as one.…So here I have this trailer.…Now this trailer isn't grouped or organized in any…in any specific way, so all I have is just a collection…of faces and edges.…
And if I wanted to move the entire trailer,…that means I have to select all the faces and all the edges.…I can't just click on something and move it because…I basically would be remodeling it at that point.…So, if I want to move the whole thing,…I would to select everything in here.…That means mark key selecting or going through it…individually selecting everything that I want to move.…Now in this scene, this is pretty easy because…this is the only thing in the scene.…
And if I select everything, I can move it.…But if this scene was more complex,…mark key selecting, such as I'm doing now,…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.