Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Grids and levels, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut (2015).
- So we're now in chapter ten and four, grids and levels.…And this is really a consolidation…of the technique taking information from the scrapbook…and then adding it to the drawing.…Now I've created some level indicators.…so I've got these things…which will be used on the elevation.…And I've also got some grid line indicators.…And I've created four different versions of these…so that the text is always upright…and correctly orientated.…
So if you just zoom into this,…the positioning of this grid line is gonna…be dependent on the construction method.…Now as this is sort of a cavity wall construction out…of brick work and block work then I will position…this really on the outside edge.…But say it was timber frame or some other type…of construction you may want to position…this centrally on the main structural supports.…That is gonna be dependent on the construction…and certainly down to you to decide.…But the process of adding these is extremely simple.…Once they're positioned, then if you want…to adjust the length of this line,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.