Join Scott Onstott for an in-depth discussion in this video Framing the end wall, part of Designing a Tiny House with SketchUp.
- [Voiceover] In this video, we will…continue framing the end wall.…Let's begin by zooming in down here,…at the bottom of the door area…where you see the door-in plan.…I'm going to draw a rectangle,…to fill in the space from here to here.…And then I'm going to press p,…click on the face, and then…snap over here, to match the height…of this element with the bottom plate.…
Press the space bar to select,…triple click.…Press g to group the object.…Press b to for the Bucket tool.…And click on the object to paint it.…Then, move it up from the bottom…in the vertical direction, so you need…to make sure you move the cursor up…along this edge.…And then type 7 feet, Enter.…I'll press z to go Zoom Extents.…
And then I can zoom in here…more easily.…The next thing we need to do is…pull these studs up so that they…penetrate through the rafter.…If you do into any one of the studs,…and pull it up with the Push/Pull tool,…it will reveal this fact, that all the…studs are instanced together right now.…So that's not really what we want.…Press the space bar and click…
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.