- Now we will frame the remaining end wall.…Before we do let's zoom into the base…and press X to go into X-ray mode.…If you look closely you'll see…that there's actually a window.…It's supposed to be included here.…So, we're gonna have to rearrange…these studs to accommodate them.…So, let's go ahead and select this stud…and press M for move, grab it from this corner,…move it over, hold down Shift, and click on this point.…Press the Spacebar and Shift + select…these two studs and delete them.…
Then reselect this stud, press M for move,…grab it from this corner this time,…press the Option or Alt key to leave a copy behind,…hold down the Shift key, and click down here.…Before you do anything else type forward/2…to divide that distance in half.…So, now you have an intermediate stud in the middle.…Now, this window is intended to be a little higher…than you'd expect because it's a window…that you'll see through when you're standing…in this elevated platform area of this room.…
So, let's build in some framing at that level.…
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.