Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Floor plans, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So now we're in Chapter 9.…We're in 01 floor plans.…And this is where we put our ground floor…and our first floor.…Now, we're in the second sheet on our pages.…The first sheet has our 3D views and our…locations plans where we left off.…So now we're going to bring in our floor plans.…Couple of ways that we can do that.…We can either bring in or insert the same file again.…All we are doing is linking back…to the model that we created…and it's in the Chapter 8-02 folder.…
So we can either go back and…file, insert, and select house.…And open.…Now it's going to bring the last saved view of that house in…It happens that I was looking at the floor plan.…The alternative thing to do is to go back…to one of our views from the previous sheet…and Control C to copy.…Or Command C if you're on a Mac.…And then over to this sheet and Control,…or Command V, to paste.…
And all we get then is a link back to the file.…What I didn't particularly want to do…was to give multiple copies of that file…because then we have links going from one folder…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.