Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing the corner, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So, we're now on Chapter 2-06…and we're going to fix this block corner.…There's a couple of ways of doing this.…We do need to enlist now the Outliner tool.…Bout time we started using that.…And you'll notice, already it's starting to fill up.…We've got a lot of bricks…all listed down here.…And we've got the foundation sitting at the very bottom…and we've also got a lot of blocks.…So what I'm going to do to start off with…is we'll just make groups of these things.…
So, we'll call that group, The Below Ground Brick,…and we'll call this group, The Below Ground Block.…So we can work inside of there…so I'll sort of demonstrate how flexible…the Outliner tool is.…So we'll just select the top one…then shift select to the bottom.…Not select all of the bricks.…Notice the highlight in the model as well.…And either in the Outliner or in the model,…I can right click and make group.…As long as I'm right clicking over these objects.…
I'll make a group.…Now I've got group there so now I want to do…is right click and rename…because otherwise it will just be a group.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.