Join Scott Onstott for an in-depth discussion in this video Detailing the opposite end wall, part of Designing a Tiny House with SketchUp.
- In this video, we're going…to detail the opposite end wall,…so we need to start by toggling on the Section Planes…in the Style.…And then select the Section Plane,…right-click, and choose Reverse,…and orbit around, and then move the Section Plane back...…very close to the other end wall.…Toggle off the Section Plane...…and close the Styles.…OK, let's go ahead and draw in the Insulation.…Press L and sketch in the Insulation.…
Now, before I do that,…I notice that there's a panel here…that's belonging to this wall.…I'm going to hide that by pressing H.…And I'm also going to come over here,…and hide this panel as well, in the same way.…Let's hide the window frame,…so and then we can deal with the end wall.…OK, press L,…and start drawing your Insulation here.…Now, this is a little tricky,…because this covers up that space,…so I'll press X and then I can click in there,…in an area that I can't see.…
Press X again,…and let's work our way around this cavity...…and then back down to where I started.…Press X and click there. Press X again. OK.…
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.