By projecting textures onto surfaces, gain valuable info about door and window geometry that you proceed to model.
- [Instructor] Let's go ahead and texture map this area,…which is the first floor front of the building.…I'll begin by double-clicking on the object…and selecting this siding texture…and then clicking on the wall.…Then let's go to photo one.…Press the space bar to go to the select tool…and select the door area.…Project textures from photo, and choose "No".…Then orbit and you'll see that this texture…that we've projected from the photo…gives us valuable information about the door…and the side lights, that is, the windows on either side.…
Although, we can't really use this as a texture…because of the giant column and pier in the way.…But it is helpful because it will allow us to…rapidly construct this geometry…without having to measure anything.…I'll press R for rectangle.…And I'll draw a rectangle in here…to represent this top piece of trim.…And then another one over here on the side.…
I'll press the space bar to select,…double-click on that rectangle, then press M for move,…click up here, and then press the option key on the Mac,…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.