Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Finishing the title box, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So we're in Chapter 07-03.…We're going to finish the title box off in this video.…We're going to use the Text Style tray.…Now if you're using a Mac you have to go…to Window and show fonts,…that will get you the same sort of options.…Similarly, on a Mac its colors will be Window…and colors as well.…They're not part of the standard trays.…Another thing in Layout, everything is in point.…So even the line thickness is set to point…so you have to be aware of how big a point is.…
Now 7 point is approximately two and a half mill.…10 point is approximately three and a half mill…and 20 point is approximately 7 mill.…Now those tended to be through stencil sizes,…going way back and they tend to be the general…cad-standards that you might adhere to.…There's lots of conversions on mine…so if you do have strict cad-standards…then it's well worth checking those out first.…I'm going to create something that says…SketchUp for Architecture across here.…That will be in 20 point, so about 7 mill high…and it's going to come out to probably…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.