Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Finishing off the materials to the cavity wall, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details (2015).
- [Voiceover] In Chapter 6-09, we're going to…finish off the materials to the cavity and the cavity walls.…That's the brick and the block.…Because we applied the material directly…to the geometry in the brick,…it's the same brick with the exception…of these special ones, that has been used throughout…then most of our work is done…and similarly with the blocks, the above-ground blocks…also need no extra treatment.…The things that we need to work on…are the mortar, that runs the horizontal mortar,…so if we just take block mortar and apply that…to that bit then that's that done.…
We've got this series of individual special blocks…that we made, so double click to edit the group.…Then with the block, we can just individually…pick these ones so we're applying that material…to the wrapper, which covers the whole thing.…The mortar: that's okay.…That's already been done.…With the bricks, we've got the mortar to deal with,…so brick mortar.…
Just apply that to that…and then double click.…We could triple click here;…we've got more than a couple to do,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.