Using copy and paste in place, save time in creating roof and gable surfaces that complete the porch roof.
- [Instructor] At this point,…we have the barge boards and the decorative beam ends,…but we don't have a roof surface yet,…so let's go ahead and address that next.…Now the roof surface is going to be…on top of this barge board,…so to save time, I will double click on the barge board…to open that group for editing,…and then carefully click on this top surface.…I'll choose Edit, Copy,…and then click outside that group to close it.…
Then follow that up by Edit, Paste in Place.…This pastes that surface directly on top…of the barge board,…then I'll press S for scale,…carefully select the left grip here in the middle,…to scale in this direction.…I will then scale this back,…sufficiently to…penetrate into the volume of the building like that,…and we'll trim this roof off later…when we model the second floor.…
Now I'll press P for the push pull tool,…and pull this surface up a half an inch.…I'll also pull this forward a half an inch,…for the area where the shingles may overlap…the barge board.…I'll triple click on that surface…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Appropriate for all
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.