Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Export to animation, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- We're now in chapter seven,…and before I set up these views in layout.…I just wanted to give you an overview…of a couple of export options that we have,…for a couple of reasons,…maybe you don't want to set this up in layout,…or maybe you haven't got access to layout.…It would be a shame to leave this…just as a series of sketch up scenes…without actually making the most of it,…because in layout, what we're gonna do is…create a sequential sort of construction process.…Then using the export image set…will also be another way of generating a similar…sort of thing.…
The first thing we're going to look at is animation.…We have got a series of scenes.…You need scenes to have the animation to work.…The other thing we need to consider.…Go to View,…Animation, and Settings,…is whether we have scene transitions or not.…Most of these scenes are static.…It's only when we come to the transitions…that we want this to turn from one position…to another, so enabling scene transitions…is a good idea and two to three seconds…would be sufficient as well.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 24m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.