Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Export in 2D and 3D, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] When you model something in SketchUp,…there are many times when you'll need to bring it…into another application.…Either as a 3D model, or as a 2D image.…Let's take a look at the export options in SketchUp.…We can find these under File, Export.…We have a couple of these, one is 3D Model,…2D Graphic, and then we also have…Get Pro 3D Exporters.…What that does is it brings you to…a website where you can buy SketchUp Pro.…
SketchUp Pro has a lot more exporters,…so if you're really into exporting objects…into other applications,…SketchUp Pro is probably the way to go.…Let's just take a look at some of the basics.…If we want to, we can export our image as a 2D graphic.…When we do that, it basically just gives you…a couple of different standard 2D image formats,…so if we wanted to we can select this as a JPG,…go ahead and export it.…
It basically just takes a screenshot,…so whatever you're seeing on the screen will get exported…to that file.…Here it is in PhotoShop.…Now, the other way to export is to Export…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.