Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploding model objects, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So, Chapter 10-05 Exploding Model Objects.…What we're gonna do is create the stairs…from the SketchUp Model.…But, we're not going to link it,…like we've done with this bit.…We're just gonna take the geometry…and we're gonna Explode it from the drawing.…So, it's no longer part of the link.…So, it's not even embedded in the Hard drive.…It's just a series of lines that live…inside of the LayOut sheet.…So, we're gonna use this bit.…This is part of our linked model.…And so, I'm gonna copy this.…
So, Ctrl to copy, or the Alt key on the Mac.…And then, I will copy another version of it there.…Now, this one and this one are both Vector at the moment.…So, we go down to our SketchUp Model…and we see Vector for that one and Vector for that one.…If I turn this one into a raster image,…this then puts the background back in.…And, if I was to Right Click and Explode.…So, now this is no longer a part of the SketchUp Model.…
This is just a 2D image on my sheet.…So, Right Click.…All I can do now is Open with Photoshop.…I can't Relink this back.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.