Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- If you are a premium subscription holder to Lynda.com then you get access to the exercise files. Now, similar to the previous two series, the exercise files will be made available on a chapter by chapter basis and the file path to those exercise files will be highlighted on a flyout at the bottom of the screen.
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.