Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Elevations, no landscape, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- So, Chapter 05-04 - Elevations no landscape.…This is very, very simple.…You probably worked it out yourselves anyway,…but I'll go through the process,…if not just to highlight the benefits…of creating sensible layers within SketchUp.…Now, these are not like layers in AutoCAD…or other CAD packages.…These are more like visual states.…Other things are turned on or off,…and you can control that through the layers,…but also then you've got the benefit of…capturing all that information within a scene,…and also the control of the styles also.…
Three combined, as I mentioned,…at the outset of this series.…The more you understand that principle and process,…then the quicker and easier it is to get…some really nice looking stuff out of SketchUp…and into layout.…So, to create the Side Elevation,…we're in our Side Elevation view,…this is where we left off.…Layers, we need now to turn off Landscape.…And we need to pick an orientation…and I think it's this one.…Left Orientation.…And there you go.…
So, easy as that.…Click of a button.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.