Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing style faces, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So we're in chapter 02-03 Editing style faces.…This is where we left off the previous file.…I'm now gonna look at the face settings…in the Style dialogue box.…That's the Window and Styles,…so that's how we get that up.…If I click over to the face settings…you've got a couple of options here,…Front and Back color,…then we've got the Style.…These reflect what's going on with this toolbar.…So if I was to click on any of these,…then these correspond.…
So be careful when you click this.…If you've got this thing closed down…and you happen to start clicking away at the stars,…what you're actually doing…is amending this style itself.…So be wary when you make amendments to this.…Just because you can't see this…doesn't mean to say it's not updating.…So the Front and Back colors.…To start off with, what are they?…Well if I reverse a face by right clicking…on this square, for example,…and saying Reverse Face,…then we can see this is the outside color,…this is the front color,…and this is the back color.…Why do we have a front color and a back color?…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.