Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Edit materials, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- I've gone ahead and applied some more materials…to my model.…Let's go ahead and edit these now.…If I go into my Materials window here,…you'll see that I have all of these different materials…in my model.…For example, this one here, Color E07,…is my front door.…Let's say I didn't want a front door that's this color,…and I couldn't find a color in SketchUp…that I really wanted.…
We can change this very easily by editing it.…All I have to do is go to my Edit tab…and I have all that I need to change the color.…I've got a color picker here.…This can be a color wheel,…It can be HOS, HSB, or RGB.…Really, any way that you want to pick colors is available.…I'm going to go back to the color wheel.…If we want, we can change this.…Notice here, the door is changing color.…
If I wanted this to be a red door, I could do that,…or if I wanted it to be blue, I could do that as well.…Really, any color I want.…Once I've changed that, it actually changes the color…in the model as well as in the material…that I'm using.…If we do this, there are many times when you will want…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.