Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Edit materials on a Mac, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- When we work with materials,…there are times when we'll need to edit materials to change…color or texture or so on.…Let's take a look at how to do this on the Mac.…Let's go back into our Materials window here.…I'm clicked on the actual Materials tab here,…and I'm showing the colors in the model,…which are basically all the colors that we have…in this current model.…If I want to, I can change the color of anything.…So, this one here is the color of the door.…
If I want to edit that, all I have to do is go down here…to Color and select Edit.…I can pull this down here to see this…a little bit more clearly.…Once I'm there, I can actually start to edit my colors.…If I want to change the color of that door,…all I have to do is go to the color wheel…and just change it however I wanted,…so if I wanted to make it brighter,…or let's say I wanted to make it a red door,…or a blue door, I could do that.…When I go back over here,…that's applied.…
All I have to do is click Close and then it's updated.…Now when I go back to Edit, it has the new color.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.