Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Edit and create styles, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- SketchUp also allows you to create…your own custom styles.…Now, this happens in the Styles window.…So, let's go into that.…I'm going to use that in my tray.…If you're on the Mac, you can just do Window Styles.…Now, my basic Style window here…has all the ones that I'm using in my model.…And right now, I'm just using what's…called the Simple Style.…And if I want to, I can edit this style.…So, if I go over to the Edit tab,…I can just start changing options here…to change this style.…
So, for example, my edge style,…I can change it to wireframe or hidden line…or shaded using textures, and so on.…But I really don't want to affect my default Simple Style.…So, I'm actually going to create a new style.…So, I'm going to go back to my Select menu,…and then I'm just going to hit Create New Style.…So now I have this one called Simple Style 1.…I'm going to select it.…And then go into Edit.…Now, when I edit it,…I can change the name or the description.…
So I'm just going to change the name to Custom.…And then just go ahead and delete the…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.