Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Duplicating sheets and changing styles, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- All right, we're now in Chapter 10-01…Duplicating sheet and changing styles.…What we're going to do is to duplicate this sheet,…we've got all the information on this that we need.…We got too much information in fact.…We want to use this next sheet as a coordinating drawing…where we show the grid lines, and we start adding…some annotation to the window openings,…the door openings, the room names, et cetera.…But we only want to show sort of more of a hidden line style…to this and then I'll show you how you can add…a little bit of texture to the hidden line style as well…using some styles within layout.…
The duplication process is very simple.…What we'll also be doing is getting rid…of the floor plans, just leaving the overlay.…This top view, if we got rid of the floor plane completely,…we wouldn't see this section, so we could either draw…that in or we could just reduce the scope of our view port…to this point and then change the style of this…to a hidden line style as well,…so we get a black and white view…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.