Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Dropping in the sink top, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] Chapter 07_10, we are dropping in the sink.…So, the sink is here, it's in the components.…So, if you have access to the Exercise files,…then click the details, then Open All Create Collection,…and Chapter 07 Modeling Interior Fixtures,…Chapter 07 Components, select that folder.…And then, it'll load up these components.…And it'll be down under the S's, so Sink Top.…Click on that and then drag it in.…It's quite a sophisticated one.…
So, I'll just rotate that around through…90 degrees or 180 degrees in this case.…I will drop it in.…Now, notice that we obviously need some depth.…We need a cutout in our work surface…like you would have in reality.…And also, these units underneath…are also causing a bit of a problem…So, this is a little bit tricky this one.…It's probably harder than a lot…of the things that we've done, just to get it accurate.…Now, because of the quality of this top,…now we really need to follow the form around it.…
Okay, and there's lots of little tricky edges…that it wants to jump to in various different places.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.