Discover how to trace over the prepped floor plan image using guidelines, the Line tool, and the Rectangle tool.
- [Instructor] Now, we're going to trace over…this newly imported and scaled floor plan image.…If we begin tracing over it, we can quickly see…that we can no longer see the reference image below.…So I'm going to need to turn on X-Ray mode,…which is under View,…Face Style,…X-Ray.…I can see underneath any face that I draw…and I can also see underneath my floor plan…if anything were below it.…I'm going to delete this face and start over.…
All right, I'm going to reference these measurements right here…and it's basically a rectangle.…So I'm going to zoom in a bit and get my Rectangle tool.…And I'm going to start in this corner…and I'm going to draw a rectangle…that is measured to the same size.…So I'm going to type 23 feet,…22 feet,…Enter.…And now, that rectangle matches the dimensions…in the floor plan.…Now, we're going to need to give the walls some thickness.…So let's start with the shell of the house.…
I'm going to use the Offset tool.…Letter F or the Offset icon here.…Click and release.…And because we have the exterior shell already drawn,…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Customizing toolbars
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Modeling from a floor plan image
- Resizing and rotating objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and exporting your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
What you should know1m 16s
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Modeling from a Floor Plan Image
7. Document and Stylize
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.