Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Draw curved and freehand shapes, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- We saw how we could use the Line tool…to create straight lines, but if we want to create…curved or freehand lines, we'll have to use…some different tools.…Now, in SketchUp, we have under the Draw menu…a number of different tools.…So under Lines, we have the Freehand tool,…which allows you to draw freehand.…And then we also have Arcs.…So we have a couple of different Arcs as well as…a Pie shape.…So let's take a look at the Freehand tool first.…Now, we can select it here from the menu,…or if we pulled down from the toolbar,…we can find this Freehand tool.…
Now, this tool works pretty simply.…All we have to do is left click and drag,…and we can draw any shape that we want.…We're not constrained to straight lines.…Now, when I let go, you'll see that…this particular shape is usually drawn flat,…and also notice how it kind of squares it off.…So if I were to select my Freehand tool again…and kind of move along this line,…notice how this point kind of snaps.…
And each one of those is what's called an End Point.…So that End Point is basically the end of a line segment.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.