Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Document setup, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So chapter 06-04 we're looking specifically here…at the document set up, or document preferences.…The previous video looked at the software…or layout preferences.…We'll find the location for Document Setup…in the same place whether we're using…a Mac or a Windows machine.…That's under File and Document Setup.…Auto text is available only to the 2015 version of LayOut.…It's a new addition so if you have the 2015,…then you'll get this one.…These are tags which you can type in…exactly as they are displayed under the Tag column…and then they will give you the…corresponding automatic text.…
So quite useful, we'll be using them a little bit later.…So if you have access to the 2015 version of the software,…then you can follow along.…Moving on to Grid.…Now as I mentioned earlier,…even if we load up a plain piece of paper…we can still show the grid…at a later date under this setting.…Major and Minor Grids available to control.…Spacing dependent on what units you're using.…The color can also be controlled.…If I wanted to change the color of the Major Grid,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture (2014)with Paul J. Smith4h 48m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.